Why Sell on eBay Motors?
Sell your vehicle fast
- Over one million visitors to eBay Motors Australia each month*
- A vehicle sells every 7 minutes
Get more for your money
Listing fees vary depending on the vehicle type and starting or reserve price, with insertion fees starting from as low as $8. And you only pay a fixed final fee if your vehicle successfully sells. Learn more about fees
- Create the most effective online listing to encourage prospective buyers - unlike the restrictions of a newspaper or classified ad, there's a vast amount of space and no word limits
- For all vehicle listings, the first 12 photos and several Upgrade Features (Gallery, Supersize, Picture Show, and Picture Pack) are free
Make selling easier
- Use Best Offer to negotiate price online with prospective buyers
- Answer questions from prospective buyers by email or phone, avoiding frequent visits to your home
- The price gets confirmed on eBay Motors with no uncomfortable haggling.
*Nielsen NetRatings January 2007
** Basic listing fee only. Optional upgrade fees may apply.
Steps to successful selling on eBay Motors
1. If not already registered, then register as an eBay seller
2. Prepare information about your vehicle
3. List your vehicle
4. Decide on pricing, payment and collection
It's easy and free to register! And there's no need to give credit card details. Register now!
Learn more >>
5. Communicate, manage your listings and complete your sales
Choose from Auction with No Reserve, Auction with Reserve, Buy It Now with Best Offer, pure Buy It Now. Specify terms and conditions in your listing to make payment and collection details clear. Learn more>>
Good communication with potential buyers, during and after the sale, can help to ensure that transactions go smoothly and that you receive a positive feedback score.
Learn more >>
Unique eBay features
Selling on eBay Motors is now even more effective with these exclusive features
1. Best Offer - selling vehicles just as you would face-to-face
Buyers and sellers can negotiate price online and close the sale fast. Best Offer is a new feature which allows vehicle buyers and sellers to negotiate the price on fixed price format (Buy It Now) listings. The feature allows sellers to set an asking price, and then consider offers made by prospective buyers.
Learn more about Best Offer
2. Revisable Reserves on Auctions
If you have set a reserve price on your vehicle and have received bids that are close to but not over the reserve, you can now lower your reserve price during the auction to allow the high bidder to be successful.
Learn more about reserves