Vehicle History Checks
eBay Motors Australia encourages buyers to consider purchasing a Vehicle History Check before buying a vehicle, as it can help make buying a car even easier and safer.
A Vehicle History Check helps you research the history of your potential car purchase. We've made this easier by providing a link in each listing from eBay to the third party vehicle information service Car History. Depending on which service you opt for, the age of the vehicle and the state you reside in Car History can provide information to a range of questions:
- What is the vehicle status - does the vehicle identification number (VIN), engine and registration number match up?
- What are the known odometer readings?
- What is the current car valuation?
- Has it ever been reported stolen or was it ever written off or had a repairable write off?
- When the vehicle was first registered, how many times has the registration been transferred and for what purpose was it used?
- Is there a clear title on the vehicle?
Click on 'VIN' in the listing and Car History will take you through the process. If there is no VIN, ask the seller to provide you one by clicking on 'Ask Seller a Question'.
For more details on the types of Vehicle History Checks available, go to Car History. Please note that CarHistory.com.au is a third party, independently operated site.