Why Buy on eBay Motors?
Avoid the hassles of traditional car buying
- It's easier than ever to find the car you want with our search, browse and new Car Finder options. Learn more about search and browse
- Buying a car has never been easier: find the car that you want and complete the purchase online, all from the comfort of your own home.
Get the vehicle you want at a great price
- eBay prides itself on being a national and international marketplace that delivers great prices for buyers
- Look out for our new Best Offer feature that gives you the convenience of being able to negotiate online with sellers on Buy it Now listings.
Buy with confidence
- The feedback of a seller gives buyers critical insight into a seller's reputation. It is a powerful way to build trust between buyers and sellers. Learn more about feedback
- Take the opportunity to ask the seller questions via email or phone
- Get great tips from the e-Commerce Safety Guide.
Please Note: The Vehicle Purchase Protection (VPP) program is not offered for purchases made on eBay.com.au.
If you have any concerns about your purchase, please refer to our Motors Security Centre for more information about how to buy safely on eBay and protect yourself online.
Steps to successful buying on eBay Motors
- In order to bid or buy you need to register. It's easy and FREE! Simply click on the Register link at the top of any page and complete the registration form. Learn more.
2. Find what you are looking for
There are 3 ways to find what you're looking for:
- Browse – to see what vehicles are on offer, browse the categories on the eBay Motors homepage
- Search – to find something specific type keywords into the search box Learn more about search and browse
Car Finder – go to the Car Finder on the Motors homepage and simply type in either the make and price range of the car you are looking for or the type of car you're looking for and preferred price range.
3. Review the item and the seller
- Once you find a vehicle that interests you, click on it to view details and find out as much as you can
- Check the seller's reputation by clicking on the seller´s feedback rating. Learn more about reviewing the item and seller
- Contact the seller with any questions you have and to find out more about them
- View the recommended tips in the buyers' checklist to getting a good deal on eBay Motors.
4. Place a bid, buy instantly or make a Best Offer
- Place a bid: Enter the highest price you are prepared to pay and eBay's proxy bidding will bid on your behalf, only as much as is needed for you to stay the highest bidder. Learn more about Proxy Bidding
- Buy It Now: If you see “Buy it Now” on a listing, you can buy it instantly at that price stated by the seller. Learn more about buying
- Best Offer: A great, convenient way to negotiate on price online with the seller. Learn more about Best Offer.
5. Pay for your item
- After you have won or purchased the item, either contact the seller or check the seller’s listing to find out their preferred payment method. It is best to check a seller's payment method before bidding or buying. Learn more about paying
- If you are pleased with the purchase, leave the seller positive feedback and encourage them to do the same for you. Learn more about leaving feedback
Unique eBay features
Selling on eBay Motors is now even more effective with these exclusive features:
- Best Offer – selling vehicles just as you would face-to-face
Buyers and sellers can negotiate the price online and close the sale fast. Best Offer is a feature which allows vehicle buyers and sellers to negotiate the price on fixed price format (Buy It Now) listings. The feature allows sellers to set an asking price and then consider offers made by prospective buyers. Learn more about Best Offer.
- Revisable Reserves on Auctions
If you have set a reserve price on your vehicle and have received bids that are close to but not over the reserve, you can lower your reserve price during the auction to allow the high bidder to be successful. Learn more about reserves.